Wednesday, October 10, 2012

gwen stefani is probably my favorite person

Probably the only person I know who can totally pull off a bindi any day is Gwen. No doubt might have been my favorite 90s band (besides all the other ones I obsess over). For some strange reason, as a four year old child, my mom thought it'd be a great idea to fill my iPod and CD player and such with Gwen Stafani. No hate to mom here; when I tell people about it, they think I was the coolest four year old. But actually, Hollaback Girl was my childhood anthem (and in my defense, I had no idea what "the shit is bananas" actually meant." Gwen really inspired me throughout the rest of my childhood, though. I admit, thanks to her, I wore plaid and pigtails everyday and swore that I was gonna be a Harajuku Girl when I grew up.

She not only had amazing style and sass, but she actually really inspired me to pursue music and creativity and to embrace individuality. She was so "out there", that it really made me feel like I could get out and do something. She gave a shy little girl the courage to ignore what people said and thought and just do whatever. (Let's just say I was kind of the first grade rebel.)

So yeah, miss Gwen Stafani, congratulations on being the coolest person I know.

2 comments:

  1. I WOULD LISTEN TO GWEN ALL DAY EVERY DAY WHEN I WAS LITTLE, TOO! We r ~*soulsistaz*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gwen :)
    she is such an inspiration!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete